Code of conduct for 200 hour yogiyoga teacher training
Thank you for joining our 200 hour diploma course and a warm welcome on our Teacher Training. We hope you enjoy the course and find it useful and informative. In order to maintain high standards and ensure that we keep our good reputation, it is important that you reach a certain minimum standard. Whenever we feel this is not the case, we will talk to you personally and try to put things right. The assessments are on a continuous basis and you will receive feedback on your progress. Students who do not meet the minimum requirements will be asked to improve on the areas of weakness, and demonstrate that they have done this, before being issued a certificate.
This Code of Conduct is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical and professional behaviour by which all Yoga Alliance Professionals Registered Yoga Teachers agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga.
As a registrant of the yogiyoga 200 hour teacher Training, I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following code of conduct:
To ensure safe and effective teaching is available to the public.
- To provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers.
- To maintain and uphold the traditions of Hatha Yoga, to teach yoga from the experience of these traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, without discrimination of any type, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions.
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
While on the course, I will support my colleagues and not engage in gossip or put others down in any way. Any personal information that is shared by participants on the course, will remain confidential and will not be shared with others. The course aims to offer a safe space for all participants and this is something I will respect and help cultivate.
I agree to comply with the conditions and requirements as set out in the course curriculum, and accept that failure to do so will disqualify me from any accreditation. I furthermore vow to uphold the standards of the teaching I have been given, and to maintain and promote the good name of yoga at all times. I accept that failure to do so may lead to the annulment of any accreditation obtained from the yogiyoga Teacher Training.
Course and starting date:
Signed and dated: