Yoga Teacher Training
(Starting October 2019 – More information coming soon)
Yogiyoga Teacher Training: 200 hour Yoga Teaching Diploma
What does the course deliver?
Our course is a 200 hour teacher training. It aims to provide you with the following:
- The capacity to teach yoga in gyms, studios and one to one to practitioners in their first years of practice.
- A foundation in the understanding of yoga philosophy and psychology and integrating it into a yoga class.
- A solid foundation in anatomy and physiology and how to cater for common injuries.
- The ability to teach basic pranayama and meditation techniques.
- Developing and delivering verbal and gentle manual adjustments.
- The ability to sequence asanas and build class themes integrating asana, philosophy, pranayama and meditation.
- The ability to structure and deliver a balanced and sound class to students of different abilities.
- Business skills to run your own yoga business.
Structure and content
The training is run over a 10-month period and will be run over 10 weekends, consisting of Saturdays and Sundays, as well as 2 Fridays (the first and last weekend), for a total of 22 days of training from 9am to 6pm. There will also be ongoing reading, as well as written and practical assessments to be carried out following each module.
Each module will consist of asana practice, pranayama, teaching and sequencing skills, theme building, anatomy, yoga philosophy and meditation practice.
The course will be taught by Erika Shapiro SYT500 registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. Belinda Chapman, yoga teacher, massage therapist and movement Director will be teaching the anatomy and physiology. We will have some visiting teachers that will bring specific knowledge covering areas such as common injuries and other areas of anatomy and movement.
The course will be limited to 12 students. Applications will open at the beginning of 2019, once the course has been registered with the appropriate body. You will need to have a minimum of 2 years consistent yoga practice and a reference from your main teacher.
If you would like to pre-register your interest in our course, contact Erika Shapiro at email@example.com. Interviews will be held at the beginning of next year. Information to follow soon.
Cost of Course
Cost of full course: £2790 paid upfront (500 upon application and the rest 60 days before the start of the course) or a deposit payment of £500 (followed by 10 instalments of £240).
Yoga and Pilates in Wandsworth SW18.
© 2016 Yogiyoga | Terms & Conditions