In this workshop we will be exploring breath awareness, Pranayama breath techniques and how we can use these tools to improve our overall health and wellbeing.
We will explore how we can use our breath to:
– Release tension
– Relieve anxiety
– Cope better with stress
– Increase vitality
– Achieve our fullest potential on and off the mat.
We will begin with an energising Asana practice, based on the Ashtanga method and then we will explore four different types of Pranayama breath exercises, discussing how each one effects the systems in the body. We will end with a blissful meditation and relaxation.
This workshop is suitable for everyone. Limited to 14 spaces.
£30 (£25 pounds for early bird before June 1st)
- To understand how a study of Fascial Anatomy completes our intellectual picture of how the body moves.
- What Fascia is and why it has only recently been recognised as an important part of the body’s architecture.
- How understanding the fascial connections of our bodywide web helps to inform movement.
- How to apply this understanding to create a better movement class.
- Definition of Fascial web Practical explanation of where to find the Fascial web in our body.
- Introduction to myofascial connections.
- Introduction to biotensegrity and why it is important. Introduction to fascial-fitness principals, that have been identified to reduce injury and enhance the health of our fascial web.
- A Practical movement class incorporating all the principals discussed.
Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations) is a fundamental sequence of postures to many methods of asana practice. Originally practiced as a salutation to the Divine, Surya Namaskar is an excellent way to begin an asana session as it strengthens, energises and balances the body, mind and breath.
In this workshop, we will break down each asana that forms the namaskar sequence; explore the links between them; learn safe transitional movements; develop an understanding of alignment; learn modifications to suit all levels and explore the conscious connection between breath and movement. We will specifically focus on three forms: Surya Namaskar A, B and the classical salutations. The session will offer you a strong foundation and understanding of this energetic sequence helping you to deepen your practice.
£30 (£25 early bird before September 14th)
Please note that we are unable to offer refunds on workshops if unattended. If you are unable to attend a workshop, you can pass your space on to a person of your choice. You will need to notify the studio in writing prior to the workshop.